Fly your drone in the most beautiful places on earth
In Drone Territory, tech-centric tourists who love their drones, can take their vacation videos to the next level while immersing themselves in the culture, beauty, and cuisine of BC’s First Nations. Drone Territory opening weekend will bring the world to BC’s coast in August 2017, generating tourism revenue and defining BC leadership position in the new category of drone tourism. Opening weekend will feature an outdoor drone race with world class pilots, cultural experiences, indigenous cuisine, virtual flying sessions with leading stunt pilots, training sessions, and wildlife: grizzly bear, orca, salmon.
Through its Aboriginal Development Corporation, Klahoose Resort Limited Partnership, Klahoose First Nation is seeking financial support to investigate and grow the recreational drone business through the creation of a new industry: Drone Tourism. This new industry will create tourism opportunities throughout BC First Nations, will train our youth in a rapidly growing new industry, and will put First Nations into a position of leadership and innovation in the drone industry.
Klahoose have already taken a leadership position among First Nations with their strong support of new drone technology. Including the following activities:
- Council authorization to support initiative
- Investment in several drones
- Drone presentation at the annual BC Business Summit, including live drone flight inside the Hotel Vancouver with Premier Christy Clark
- Attendance at Toronto International UAV show in Dec 2015, which has led to partnerships with Canadian drone racing industry leaders including FPV Events and the Western Drone Racing League
- Planned youth drone training event in Campbell River
We now seek financial support from NEDC/INAC and other partners who wish to help us grow this innovative new industry.